Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Velvet

Photobucket

Shirt - MNG
Jacket - Anthropologie Maude Velvet Jacket
Jeans - Forever21
Boots - Target
Necklace - J.Crew outlet 
 
The jacket caught my eye when I was in Anthropologie a few months ago - It is a luscious, deep-blue velvety coat that reminds me of riding jackets that ladies would wear back in the days when the only proper way a lady would ride a horse is via a sidesaddle.

But I resisted, telling myself that perhaps it'll go on sale. 

After all, how many people have English equestrian style inclinations running in their minds anyway?

 And especially after seeing the God-awful styling that they've loaded up for the jacket in their online site, I knew that it is just a matter of time until it is listed in the sale section.

Lo and behold...with an additional 30% off too.
 (although current sale price online now is even lower than what I paid with the 30% off...but they are out of size 0s)

I got it in a size 0 -- It is slightly roomy, but as there doesn't seem to be a size 00 available, it will do. I may nip it in a little with my sewing machine if I'm feeling industrious, but more than likely, it will remain as is.  






 

No comments: