Thursday, January 03, 2013

Printed Pants

I've always been disappointed that J.Crew's Cafe Capri pants were never for me -- they have tons of colors and prints and a lot of them usually end up in the sale section with very encouraging prices. But...because they make me look like a squat dumpling, I stay away from them.

Photobucket

I do try them on from time to time, to see if my luck has turned. But as a palm reader once told me...."You don't have much luck...stay away from gambling". And apparently J.Crew Cafe Capris.

BUT...I did find a pair of ankle pants that (finally) suits me
(I've never been too sure about how flattering the Minnies are on me...but I keep wearing them anyway)

Photobucket

Sweater - Uniqlo
Pants - Mossimo Printed Ankle Pants from Target
Shoes - J.Crew Cap Toe Etta 
Jewelry - Forever21

They fill the need that I have for the printed Cafe Capri pants and the Minnie bi-stretch wool in Cabernet all in one go. And I think these actually give the perception that I have lean legs (which I don't -- stocky calves and all)

And they were only $25.

Photobucket

I'm wearing the smallest size available (size 2) and it is roomy around the waist/hips (if the waist was nipped in about a half inch, they would be perfect). And this is before my ambitious resolution to amp up my (non-existent) workout regime.

I'm going to toss them into the dryer and see if that manages to shrink it slightly...if not, I may bust out my sewing machine. Or...I may just continue to wear a belt with it.

Either way....


2 comments:

Unknown said...

paired with those shoes they look great!

bagfashionista said...

Thank you, Laura!