Saturday, April 21, 2012

Weekend Warrior

During the weekends when I am with my daughter, I tend to veer more towards comfort and practicality. Gone are 4" heels and handbags that require more than a careless thought towards its hardiness. 

There is no time nor extra hands available for me to have to worry about staining, marring or damaging any of my more "delicate" handbags, nor would my daughter understand how momma may not be able to run around and chase her (outside in playgrounds and in stores) due to gorgeous but dangerous high heels.

JCrew Maritime Skinny Stripe 

So when the weekend is here, I always revert back to a practical sling bag that is roomy enough to dump snacks, sippy bottles, a gazillion of her jewelry and toys that she absolutely MUST have before she leaves the house, but will discard throughout the day. 

And flats. Always. 

Dress - JCrew Maritime dress in Skinny Stripe found here
 (size XS - seems to fit better than the other Maritime dress I have)

Necklace - JCrew outlet
Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Mia bag
Shoes - from Target

2 comments:

Chocolate Cookies & Candies said...

You could've be my twin! The dress, shoes and messenger style bag! Now that I no longer work in a "proper" office (am embarrassed to say that I sometimes work in my PJs *ahem*), I enviously gaze at the other photos you've posted with the amazing Manolos and classy dresses.

bagfashionista said...

i work from my pjs too on the days i work from home... the amount of time i save without having to slap makeup on my face and decide on what to wear!