Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Back to Basics: Blazers and Turtlenecks

I'm afraid nothing particularly exciting nor vastly different from the last blazer post -- I tend to stick to key pieces when it is cold out (and my brain tends to work a lot slower when all it can think of is "It is %&#%$! COLD!")

And I do love this blazer (even though I've hardly worn it in the past year that I bought it...making up for lost time now, I suppose)

Plus, it hid my muffin top -- how is it that my jeans can fit perfectly fine one week and seem like it is one size too small the next??

JCrew Navy Schoolboy photo 182788e4-c2a1-48ae-bf14-90d36d5d577f.jpg

Wearing the blazer in my usual size 00 for schoolboys, the cut, on me, is superior to the seasonal blazers that I have tried and/or purchased.

The seasonal ones are cut a wee bit too generous in the upper body area for me

A touch of red brightens up a classic but stodgy outfit (Covergirl Lip Perfection in Everlasting Immortal - review here

Originally started the day off in NYX Chic Red, but having bright red lips with dark clothing is a tad too.....obvious bright for my senses -- so I applied the darker toned red over it. 

Turtleneck - Forever21
Blazer - J.Crew Schoolboy in Navy
Jeans - Forever21
Boots - Target

Spring......(and warmer weather), please...do come.

 

No comments: