Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Travel Worthy

It feels like I've been living in airports for the past few weeks. Phi is hosting a "go-to travel outfit" party over at her blog, and since I was preparing for a long haul flight anyway, decided I might as well snap some pictures. 

IMG_3382-1 

It is hard for me to find a balance between comfortable, cozy wear and being fashionable. I love sweats. I love my Juicy velours. And when I have to be in an airplane for 20+ hours, I would be extremely cranky if my clothes do not allow me to curl up like a baby on the tiny seat way back in the economy cabin.

But since I'm getting on in years, it's time to not dress like a college kid. Especially since I'll be towing around my 3 year old with me.

travel outfit 
This trip around, I'm wearing one of my favorite soft and comfy sweater, black stretchy pants, and ballet flats. A brilliant red scarf brightens up the whole outfit. I added my trench coat because I'll also be heading to a place that is transitioning to spring.

In my carry on, I did pack a pair of leggings just in case the stretchy pants are too restrictive for me come the 4th hour into the flight. And of course, thick socks. 

Sweater - Mossimo from Target
Pants - J.Crew Minnies
Scarf - from Malaysia 
Shoes - J.Crew Lulu


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi - how tall are you? (or inseam size) are the minnie pants that's shown in regular or petite? Thank you!

bagfashionista said...

Hi there anonymous,
I am 5'4", but short legs...the J.crew matchstick crops are ankle length on me. The Minnie's I have on are the regular ones, but they are folded in. Have yet to try the petite version
Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

thanks for getting back to me! i have short legs too! i'm 5'3" and my inseam is about 27-28" for regular length. i went to jcrew to try on the minnie in 0 regular but they didn't have any at the time. i'm probably going to purchase them online and hope for the best.
- A

phiphis blog said...

love this!! you look fabulous!

xox P

bagfashionista said...

Anon- np! Don't forget to size down on the Minnie's. they run big. Mine are size regular 00 and unfolded are ankle length on me.

Hi phi!