Saturday, September 15, 2012

Anthropologie Dressing Room - Review

I received an email this morning announcing a surprise sale at Anthropologie for 20% off all full-priced clothing and accessories for all Anthro members.

 I cannot turn down a sale.
And I was enthralled by a particular ensemble in their "Like a Lady" feature.

 I am a sucker.
First off -- Outfit of the day:
J.Crew cropped matchstick jeans

Sweater - Mossimo from Target
Jeans - J.Crew Cropped Matchstick (one size larger than my normal size)
Shoes - J.Crew
Bag - Louis Vuitton Neverful MM
Necklace - J.Crew (25% off in stores now)
Yes, still in white jeans. Bite me.


Lapis Lace Pencil Skirt by Moulinette Soeurs

Photobucket
image via Anthropologie

Listed as an online exclusive, which is obviously not true, since I found mine in the store.
First impression -the material is not worth the retail price of $118. But I was still curious and since I was there, I may as well try it on.
Fit -- love it. I'm wearing a size 2. I brought the size 0 in with me, but didn't bother trying it on. Perhaps I should have, just to be sure, now that I've read the other reviews online saying it is true to size.
The color - gorgeous lapis blue (not reflected in the picture though)

Anthropologie Lapis Lace Pencil Skirt

I was on the fence, but having the 20% off helped. Therefore, I bought it.
Would I wear it often? I don't know. But I love pencil skirts, and I don't have one that can be used for more dressy events.
Do I go to a lot of dressy events? No.
Hello. My name is Bagfashionista, and I am a hoarder.

Dakota Dress in Navy/Marine by Moulinette Soeurs

Anthropologie-MoulinetteSoeursdress

I have been eyeing this dress on the sale racks for awhile now, but have never tried it on because it was still priced at more than what I wanted to pay. Today, I noticed that it was reduced to $39.95 (retail $148) so I took it to the dressing room with me.
I love the dress.
Don't love it with the fabric belt -- makes it a tad cutesy for me. But easily removed to be replaced by a patent belt.
Anthropologie Dakota Dress in Navy

And I didn't realize that it had a high-low hemline until I saw the side profile. Details like this makes it veer towards the more trendy side, which is a slight con to me. Thankfully, it was not an exaggerated high-low.
But, I love the dress and its fit. And for $40?
Sold.

Bought a whole bunch of home related knick-knacks as well, which is what I typically go to Anthropologie for. All in all, I spent more that I planned. Per usual.
Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I was very very tempted by this sale as well! You got a great deal :)