Saturday, July 28, 2012

Seeing Stripes

Jcrew striped maxi dress

 Found this dress in the sale rack during one of the additional 30% off sales a few months ago (no idea what the style name is though)

 This is one of the reasons why I prefer to shop at an actual brick and mortar stores during the sale period -- I'll end up trying things that will garner absolutely no interest if I saw it online. The price was fantastic and it's turned out to be one of the staples in my closet.

Usually, I"ll just wear it as is without many accessories beyond jangling bracelets.

Today, the air is slightly chilly (with LOTS of rain) for this born-and-raised-tropical girl making it a perfect day to go to the movies with my little girl. She declared that it was a long-dress day.

 And so, here we are:


Jacket - Mike & Chris
Necklace - H&M

A slightly edgier/less casual look with a statement necklace and a comfy but more chic version of a hoodie. Mike & Chris jackets used to be quite the "in" thing a few years ago.

***
The dress can be turned office-appropriate by throwing on a structured blazer and concealing the elastic waistline with a patent belt:

  Jcrew Red Flannel Schoolboy 

Jacket - J.Crew Schoolboy Wool Flannel Blazer in Maraschino Red 
Belt - Ann Taylor
One thing I wished I've paid more attention to regarding the schoolboy blazer is that it runs big....I bought my normal size 0 but it is slightly too boxy on me -- the 00 is the perfect fit for me in the schoolboy. This unfortunately reduces the likelihood of me reaching out for this blazer, even though I love the bright pop of color.

 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ohhh i lovee your striped maxi and on sale to boot! it looks so good cas with the hoodie and dressie with the red blazer! what a great score!!

Renee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

That dress is already nice, but you really gave me inspiration the way you accessorized it! Now I need a few of these pieces in my life :) Love your blog!

xo Renee
http://allglitzedup.blogspot.com

bagfashionista said...

aw, thank you, lisa, and renee!