Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hermes #1

My very first Hermes scarf was acquired at a time when I was desperately in need of some (a LOT) of retail therapy. I originally went on hermes.com with the intention of getting a scarf to frame, specifically, the Sichuan scarf. It was listed, but I hesitated, and it got snapped up by someone else. Then I saw the Jardins de Nouvelle Angleterre, and  "settled" for it instead.

And I'm glad that I did, because it turned out to be absolutely, breathtakingly gorgeous
(And the Sichuan scarf got relisted and has been in stock ever since. I've never seen mine online anymore)

Photobucket

"Luxurious vegetation, between abundance and abandonment, symbolises the meeting of Old England, and New, in America: a mixture of wild nature, such as existed before the arrival of the colonists, and a nature discreetly tamed, such as is designed in English gardens. A little idyllic valley with charming painted clapboard cottages appears within a medallion of foliage. The gardens, refined and rustic, mingle native plants, tropical species and flowers from Europe. Sheltered there are several animal species, hummingbirds, squirrels and racoons, fauna and flora intermingling in an atmosphere of tranquil happiness"

- designed by Laurence Bourthoumieux


 
And it was appropriate too, as I live in New England, and my dream is to have a little cottage somewhere with rambling roses and an English garden. To this day, it remains to be my favourite scarf.

I haven't dared to frame it yet, after hearing so many cautionary tales about fading and stretching. Plus, I wanted to have the option of being able to wear it too. Now that I have my scarf ring, I'm hoping that I'll do justice to it, instead of letting it sit in its box, pretty as it is.

I love how it's able to take a basic boring dark outfit like this:

Photobucket

And H it up, giving some life and individuality into the final output.

Photobucket
With Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini bag in Dove Gray

No comments: