Friday, January 06, 2012

J.Crew Liquid Silk Skirt

Hands down, one of my favorite skirts that I've bought (and one of the greatest bargains) is J.Crew's Liquid Silk Skirt in Dark Navy. I first saw it through a review from Elements of Style and my interest was piqued. But at $148, I was a little on the "meh" side, so I decided to wait.

Photobucket

Lo and behold -- it went on sale 2 months or so later at $79.99 online. A little of investigation later, I found it at a store for $49.99 with additional 30% off. (drives me crazy that prices varies between online and B&Ms!)

Made out of 100% silk, it hits about calf length, so I suppose that may throw some people off, but I love it. It reminds me of what women of yesteryears would wear. It's true to size, I suppose -- I've wear a size 0 in their skirts typically, and I do for this one as well.

To demonstrate how versatile it is, here's 3 different outfits that will cater to 3 different purposes:

A casual outfit utilizing brown tones, perfect for a day out shopping, or hanging out with girlfriends at a local coffee shop:

Jcrew Liquid Silk Skirt - shopping

(It might drive some nuts that the browns are not the same, but it doesn't bother me)

Sweater - Old Navy
Tank - H&M
Boots - Dolce Vita
Bag - Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Mini in Almond


A slightly more pulled together outfit that would work for...well...work. 

JCrew Liquid Silk Skirt - Work

Cashmere turtleneck - Ann Taylor
Scarf - H&M
Boots - from DSW
Bag - Chanel Grand Shopping Tote in black caviar/SHW


And for a candlelight dinner, a simple black and navy outfit spiced up by fab shoes. Add some red lipstick and voila!

JCrew Liquid Silk Skirt - Date Night

Wrap blouse - Laundry by Shelli Segal (bought from Marshalls)
Necklace - J.Crew
Bag - Hollywould for Target
Shoes - Badgley Mischka

I like it so much that when I found the version in Bright Dahlia (bright purple) on sale in store for $29.99 with an additional 20% off, I pounced.

Photobucket

It's currently on sale online for $69.99, with additional 25% off with code SHOPNOW (ends today) but if you live near a store, I'd recommend you go there first.

(excuse the wrinkles on the skirt...it's due for a visit to the drycleaners)

3 comments:

Vee Ann said...

HMMM I like long-ish skirts that drape well..I wonder if they'll deliver to Australia. :oP

bagfashionista said...

haha....errm...hi v. I feel like i've been caught with my hand in the cookie jar or something!

not sure if there's international shipping.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful skirt! Love the looks, esp the candle light dinner outfit!